Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A very kind ATM.


Today I went to my local ATM to take some money, and guess what, the machine wished me an happy birthday, cool, it's the first time that this happens to me.
Is it the same with your ATM?
Actually I'm not one who loves to celebrate birthdays, I don't really get the meaning of it, like, yes today I'm one year older than yesterday...however it's nice when someone remembers it, ATM included.
And just because I don't like to celebrate I want to post my favorite song of my favorite Italian singer... in Italian, but I'm so generous to provide you with text and translation.
Enjoy!
P.s. she has a great voice, don't you think?


Giorgia Gocce di Memoria
Caricato da Dag-lagrima. - Video musicali, interviste agli artisti, concerti e altro ancora

 

Gocce di memoria

Sono gocce di memoria
queste lacrime nuove
siamo anime in una storia
incancellabile
Le infinite volte che
mi verrai a cercare
nelle mie stanze vuote
inestimabile
inafferrabile
la tua assenza che mi appartiene
Siamo indivisibli
siamo uguali e fragili
e siamo già così¬ lontani (lontani)
Ah, ah
Con il gelo nella mente
sto correndo verso te
siamo nella stessa sorte
che tagliente ci cambierà
aspettiamo solo un segno
un destino, un'eternità
e dimmi come posso fare
per raggiungerti adesso
per raggiungerti adesso
per raggiungere te
Uh, ah, ah
Uh
Siamo gocce di un passato
che non può più tornare
questo tempo ci ha tradito
  E' inafferrabile
Racconterà di te
inventerà per te
quello che non abbiamo
Le promesse sono infrante
come pioggia su di noi
le parole sono stanche
so che tu mi ascolterai (mi ascolterai)
aspettiamo un'altro viaggio
un destino, una verità
e dimmi come posso fare
per raggiungerti adesso
per raggiungerti adesso, mmm
per raggiungere te, yeah

source


Gocce di memoria

THEY ARE DROPS OF MEMORY
THIS NEW TEARS
WE ARE SOULS IN A STORY
THAT CANNOT BE ERASED
THE INFINITE TIMES THAT
YOU CAME TO LOOK FOR ME
IN MY EMPTY ROOMS
PRICELESS
ELUSIVE
YOUR ABSENCE THAT BELONGS TO ME
WE ARE INDIVISIBLE
WE ARE THE SAME AND FRAGILE
AND WE ARE NOW SO DISTANT
WITH A CHILL IN THE MIND
I'M RUNNING TO YOU
WE ARE IN THE SAME FATE
THAT CUTTING WILL CHANGE US
WE'RE ONLY WAITING FOR ONE SIGN
A DESTINY, AN ETERNITY
AND TELL ME WHAT CAN I DO
TO REACH YOU NOW
TO REACH YOU NOW
TO REACH YOU
Uh, ah, ah
WE ARE DROPS OF THE PAST
THAT CANNOT COME BACK ANYMORE
THIS TIME BETRAYED US
IT IS ELUSIVE
IT WILL TELL ABOUT YOU
IT WILL INVENT FOR YOU
WHAT WE DON'T HAVE
THE PROMISES ARE SMASHED
LIKE THE RAIN OVER US
THE WORDS ARE TIRED
I KNOW THAT YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME
WE WAIT FOR ANOTHER JOURNEY
 A DESTINY, A TRUTH
AND TELL ME WHAT CAN I DO
TO REACH YOU NOW
TO REACH YOU NOW
TO REACH YOU..

22 comments:

  1. Many more happy returns of the day ales..smart ATM..otherwise we wouldn't have known...did the ATM give extra $ for ur bday...nice words ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Laxmi, no, but this would have been very very kind of 'him', and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allora buon compleanno! Happy birthday to you, even if you don't like to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grazie dona, viaggetto in scozia?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi alessandra! A belated happy birthday to you! That's so nice of the ATM. How thoughtful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. darn - I missed your birthday??? Hope you had a pleasant day. I don't make a big deal about birthdays either - but sure a birthday greeting from an ATM-- I'll take it!

    BTW, my feedburner is not updating for some reason :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, no it was so stressful at work, anyhow thank you dear.
    And yes, your feedburner doesn't work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, super singing!

    And I don't use ATMs. I am bad with back accounts, never kepe track, so my hubby gives me cash. Okay, tmi today. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, why Jannie, I love to know my bloggy friends (more curious than a cat;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry I am so late to wish you a Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I have never encountered such kindness in an ATM before. You must be very special indeed!

    Bets wishes for a wonderful year,
    Natasha.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks my dear buddies, Sahindoubutsu, I'm 42 year young ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday...a little late. What a funny thing for an ATM to do...I am glad it made you smile. You are only a few weeks older than I am. I will be celebrating in November.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristen, let us know, so we can greet you too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey...Happy Birthday, for Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!

    I love birthdays and celebrating them.

    But the ATM should have given you some extra "birthday money" for free as your birthday gift. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Buon compleanno again :) Never had greetings from an ATM. I love this song by Giorgia, yet another Italian artist I enjoy.
    Thankyou for stopping by News From Italy,Oh yes we have sweet chestnuts in the UK as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. angelcel, thanks for coming and commenting.

    Peggy, thanks you are so right, let me know when it's yours.

    Linda, you are so sweet, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ciao! Buon Compleanno.I hope you had a fantastic birthday with peace, happiness & many blessings. lol That is great the ATM wished you a happy birthday, I don't think that happened to me ever. haha I guess the ATM is very friendly haha. Thank you for your comment. I'm glad that the sidebar is good on my blog & the link within. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Alessandra you're always so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin