Saturday, October 30, 2010

I don't know Spanish.

But I love this song:


Julieta Venegas Me Voy
Caricato da aspa. - Guarda altri video musicali in HD!

"Me Voy" by Julieta Venegas, English translation of lyrics
"I Leave"
Album: Limón y Sal (Lemon and Salt)
Style: Indie, strong vocals
Country: Mexico, USA (Texas)

Porque no supiste entender a mi corazón,
Lo que había en él.
Porque no tuviste el valor
De ver quién soy.

Because you did not know how to understand my heart,
What was there in it.
Because you didn't have the courage
To see who I am.

Porque no escuchas
Lo que está tan cerca de ti,
Sólo el ruido de afuera
Y yo, que estoy a un lado
Desaparezco para ti.

Because you don't listen
To what is so close to you,
Just the noise from outside
And I, who am right beside [*lit. on the side]
Disappear for you.

No voy a llorar y decir
Que no merezco esto porque
Es probable que lo merezco
Pero no lo quiero, por eso...

I am not going to cry and say
That I do not deserve this because
It's probable that I do deserve it
But I do not want it, that's why...

Chorus:
--------------------------------
Me voy, qué lástima pero adiós
Me despido de ti y
Me voy, qué lástima pero adiós
Me despido de ti.

I leave, what a shame but goodbye
I bid my farewell and
I leave, what a shame but goodbye
I bid my farewell to you.
--------------------------------

Porque sé que me espera algo mejor
Alguien que sepa darme amor,
De ese que endulza la sal
Y hace que salga el sol.

Because I know that something better waits for me
Someone who knows how to give me love,
The kind that sweetens salt
And makes the sun come out.

Yo que pensé, nunca me iría de ti,
Que es amor del bueno, de toda la vida
Pero hoy entendí que no es
Suficiente para los dos.

Me who thought, I would never leave you,
That it was real love, lifelong love
But today I understood that it isn't
Enough for the two of us.

No voy a llorar y decir
Que no merezco esto porque
Es probable que lo merezco
Pero no lo quiero, por eso...

I am not going to cry and say
That I do not deserve this because
It's probable that I do deserve it
But I do not want it, that's why...

[Chorus x3, "Me voy..." (I leave...)]

source

If you want to join Sunday Song, head to Natasha's 5 minutes just for me.

14 comments:

  1. La canzoncina non mi entusiasma, ma sentire lo spagnolo mi provoca sempre un brivido ancestrale. Lo adoro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks a bit like Katy Perry. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it as well, thanks for sharing, never heard of her before. I think my earlier comment was swallowed if not sorry for duplication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of a song I once heard called "I'm Not leaving You." (I'm Going To Me.) Lots of hope. Leaving for better shores!

    Super!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dona, chissà che ti ricorda! :D

    Joey, so Katy Perry managed to find her way to my blog...in disguise ;)

    Linda oh, Blogger, the comments swallower.

    Jannie thanks, I'll check that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alessandra - a great choice for today's Sunday Song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, welcome back to blogging, and I'm glad you liked the song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great song! My daughter needs to see this as she is going through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. dj56v, I hope that your daughter finds the greatest love, that is the one for herself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good, the song has her leaving, instead of staying around forever, and being unhappy and not receiving what she needs. So many gals will just hang on to a dead end relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad to see that she is strong. I am also glad you introduced this song to me-thank you. I have really been enjoying the music this week-such variety!

    Thanks so much for linking this up to Sunday Song. You are such a wonderful bloggy friend!

    Best wishes and happy day (I'm getting ready for bed now!
    Natasha.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good night to you Natasha, and thanks for your sweet words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well those lyrics are quite depressing ;-)

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin