Monday, October 11, 2010

Chocolate chip cookies.



My first attempt at making chocolate chip cookies turned out great.
I found this recipe and sounded easy enough, plus I had this half dark chocolate tablet to use.
I reduced sugar a bit and they came out the perfect sweetness to me ( I don't like sweets too sweet ).


I used 2 sticks of real butter ( circa 220 grams, I know it's much ;)
one cup of dark brown sugar
one egg
1 tsp vanilla ( I used vanilla baking powder )
2 cups of self raising flour, or flour plus baking powder
half dark chocolate tablet, cut in small pieces, or 1/2 packet chocolate chips

I put in the food processor softened butter and sugar, creamed them together.
Added the egg, pulsed a bit.
Added some of the flour/baking powder and pulsed
Added the chocolate pieces and pulsed some more.
Added all the flour and mixed well together.
With a teaspoon I scooped a nut of dough, and made a small ball rolling it between my hands...and so on....
I put the balls well distant in a cookie sheet and put in the oven at 350°F (180 C°) for 15/20 min, but it depends on the oven.
When they were done I let them cool on a cooling rack.
Probably they should have flatten more, ( may be because I put the dough in the freezer for a while, since I was cooking something else in the oven ) but I assure you they are uber scrumptious, crispy on the outside, tender inside...mmmmm!

Linked up at Homemaker Mondays.


12 comments:

  1. They look great! Now I'm hungry and wanting coffee! I like my cookies as sweet as possible! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao!!! Grazie!!! This recipe looks very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys.

    Joey, you can always double sugar, eww ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate chip cookies are our favorite cookies around here. We love the Mrs. Fields recipe with 1/2 the butter (one stick instead of two) - still turn out delicious. The key, IMO, is high quality chocolate chips. We always use Ghirardelhi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Betsy, I have to try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am willing to go out on a limb and declare the chocolate chip cookie the favorite cookie of most reasonable people.
    I like the puffy look of these bakery creations. I am going to try putting the dough in the freezer first also. Thank you for your recipe. Are you mailing these out to all who comment? I will be waiting at the mail box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first time ever making chocolate chip cookies??!! Good job! I can't live without chocolate chip cookies. Thanks for visiting my blog. I've always wanted to visit Italy (seriously, desperately), so I'm off to explore your virtual tour now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um...that last post was me -- I forgot to log out of google. Sorry!! =D (www.thesassyhomemaker.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. mya, actually this thought crossed my mind, your adress?

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin