Thursday, September 9, 2010

Zucchini quiche (warning: millimetric accuracy NOT required)


This is a delicious recipe and easy if you buy frozen or ready puff pastry.
Ingredients for 4 hungry people, or 6 less hungry:
Frozen or ready puff pastry, I used 2 rolls, about 0,5 pounds each, but if you want to make it from scratch I won't prevent you.
4 eggs
1/5 cup buttermilk ( or cream )
2 handful (I love my preciseness) of a mild grated cheese
3 tbs grated parmisan
3 medium zucchini
some ( to taste ) ham or mortadella cut in stripes or chopped ( optional ), actually I prefer without but today it went in.
1 or more garlic clove
parsley
extra virgin olive oil or other (oil, butter...only edible ones)
salt
pepper (optional)

Here we go...
Following the package directions, I thawed my puffy pastry rolls, and I lined with them a slightly oiled oven tray, pressing in the middle to glue them together.
But you can use two smaller pans.
Don't cut the exceeding dough, unless you want a quiche too neat.


I finely sliced 3 medium zucchini, obviously I don't need to say that I previously washed and cleaned them well.
I put some ( 2/3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil ) in a non sticky pan, added the zucchini slices, some finely chopped parsley, a pinch of salt, one ( or to taste ) garlic clove finely chopped, and stir fried till tender.


In a bowl I put eggs, buttermilk, grated cheese, salt and pepper.


I whisked well with a fork.


I evenly distributed the zucchini and the mortadella stripes over the dough.


Poured the egg batter over all and let cook in the oven at 428°F (220°C) for half an hour, more or less.


Easy, yes?
P.s. Hubby said it was good.
And in Italy, when something absolutely exceptional happens, we say "tomorrow it will snow", so beware, haha.

9 comments:

  1. That is good, if I can say it myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you say precise measurements are needed?? Not sure that I've ever precisely measured anything. Looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes but I was kidding, because I don't measure anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good. I think I may make it over the weekend.

    Stopping by from SITS and now following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had something similar to this and it is indeed delicious! (Hope it doesn't really snow tomorrow!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristen, tomorrow is already passed, and no it didn't snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. millimetric accuracy not required? Now, that's much more up my alley :D

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin