Friday, August 20, 2010

From our dinner to you: crispy eggplants and other stuff.


For dinner, we had breaded chicken breasts and crispy eggplants.
I have two tips about them, and while I consider them interesting, you may or may not.
I hope you do ;)
First, something my Mom taught me on how to remove the poultry taste  from, you know, the chicken.
I am not a great meat eater, and it happens sometimes ( often )  that  meat has a weird taste to me.
So, here we are, to eliminate unwanted odors or taste from  meat,  let it "marinate" for at least 10 minutes in a solution of  water and baking soda ( one or two teaspoons of BS ).
Then you rinse well and voilĂ , the smell/ taste is gone.
Believe me (try it) it works.

The second tip is on how to obtain crispy eggplants, that are equal if not superior to French fries, in deliciousness.
Simple!
- remove part of the skin of a big eggplant.

- dice it.

- in a big bowl add some multipurpose flour to the dices, and coat them well, mixing all up.


- in a non sticky pan, pour some EVOO, toss in the eggplant dices and stir well to coat them with oil.
- note that they are not deep fried :D


-add a pinch of salt.
-on a medium to high  fire, stir the eggplants continuously, until tender, and until a nice brown crust covers them.


-enjoy while warm, the hotter is better but care your tongue.

Linked up at Homemaker Monday 
and Remodelaholic

8 comments:

  1. Aha so you did it! and ten minutes were enough? Great, so you enjoy your chicken now? Kiss kiss kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, I bet you know it well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I really love egg plant! I ate a lot of it in China.
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Olivia, I am curios about you being in China!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for new things to do with eggplant and I really like the sound of your recipe. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin