Friday, June 11, 2010

My new finds are over, now what, again.

As I told you here, I was looking for some nice Tv show to watch.
I found some things that I liked,
here you are, in chronological order:


PARENTHOOD:
I started to see it because it featured Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls)
and it hooked me.
It's the story of a family, with it's problems, relationships among siblings, parents and sons, with its complexities.
Enjoyable.
My vote 7.5.



LIFE UNEXPECTED
A 16-year-old orphan girl, asking for emancipation, find her natural parents and....
.......I cried, and cried, and cried again.
Very well done, very moving, nice characters, loved it.
My vote 8.5.



NO 1 LADIES DETECTIVE AGENCY
Set in Botswana, the story of a lady whose father dies, leaving her enough money to open a detective agency.
Unlike the usual "nowadays" crime series, it has a slow rhythm, beautiful images of Africa (the cinematography is great), hens in the yard, and an improvised investigation, however full of heart and intuition.
The characters are very pleasant and I loved their interpretation.
Oh, and remember to watch the movie first.
My vote 8.5.
I recommend them all, if you like sentiments.

7 comments:

  1. I also enjoyed Parenthood and Life Unexpected. I'm glad that both shows are coming back in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well Amber, any advice?
    No, not the Tudors, too many heads...you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parenthood does look intriguing. Excellent cast. I've got enough family drama with my extended family that I don't need to be watching any though :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting Carma, you can post something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled upon Parenthood when I was flipping around the stations after everyone was in bed.

    The other two shows must be on during the time my husband is watching tv, and I am reading or blogging.

    This summer I am watching Happy Town, it is on later when everyone is in bed. It is a suspense thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/the-celebrate-poet-of-may-award-and-more/

    three awards on the bottom,
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/07/jingles-july-follower-awards-happy-4th.html

    some awards,
    please take 2 to 5 and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin