Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Why I hate Black & Decker FV750.

Let's start from the beginning.
Once I had a well functioning carpet cleaner/vacuum, that unfortunately broke, leaving me with broom and dustpan, that it's not the ideal when you have carpets.
Searching on the web for the perfect vacuum for me, that was also cheap, I stumbled upon the nice blue "guy" pictured above.
I was thrilled.
It was relatively cheap, indeed, and had a rotating brush for carpets that was what I was looking for, plus it was nice.
Don't be fooled by appearance.
The real problem with it, is....it doesn't clean at all.
His suction is rather inadequate, you have to pass over and over crumbs before it sucks them up.
Not to mention carpets.
All the dust remains clogged in the rotating brush, thus releasing it when you "clean" the carpet, so that you have a dirtier rug than before.
If this is not enough, after a few minutes of use you have to turn it off, otherwise it overheats and it pauses itself.
Okay I know, you have what you pay for, but I ask myself how can they sell it, don't they test their products?
For me, it totally sucks...well no, it doesn't! ;)

5 comments:

  1. I had a vac that did not suck. I hated that think. I can't remember what kind it was though.

    I got my Dyson from my Amex points. My husband told me there was not way he would pay 500 for a vac, so I saved my points (our points, I just used them) and spent them on a vac.

    My Dyson has worked so great all these years. I think I have had it for 10 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks.

    Definately contact the company and let them know.

    I have a Dyson and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you still get your money back? sounds like a piece of garbage. I'd insist on a refund. That's assuming you don't have to pay $50 just to ship it back :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even thought about asking for a refund.
    Now some months passed, I don't know if it's still possible, I will check it.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin