Sunday, February 14, 2010

Super yummy spinach pizza.


Today I made spinach pizza, and it was sooo good, that I want to share it with you, virtually of course ;)
I did it this way:
first, yesterday, I bought 1 lb of raw bread dough, at the supermarket, the dough is nothing else than flour, salt, yeast and water, if you want you can do it at home.
The important thing is to let the dough in the fridge, overnight.
In this way slowly leavens for a long time, as they do in a pizzeria.
In the morning I left it out, for two three hours.
At this point I oiled with EVOO, two baking trays, lined with parchment paper, and I rolled the dough over the table dusted with flour.
I stretched the dough into the trays, to fit them, and set them aside.
Then I prepared the filling.
I took some (the quantity depends on personal taste) frozen spinach ( you can use fresh ones ), and put them in a frying pan with few spoons of olive oil, a garlic clove finely shredded, and a pinch of salt.
I stirred on a medium heat for few minutes, until done.
Turned off the cooker, let it cool and grossly chopped.
Actually I chopped them with the wooden spatula, while cooking.
I spread a thin layer of tomato puree on the dough, put the trays in the hot oven (440°F), and let cook for 15 minutes.
In the meantime I shredded one mozzarella cheese and about the same quantity of Asiago cheese (any mild cheese will do) and mixed them together.
Since I like to put some extra virgin olive oil on pizza, but when I pour it, I can't spread it evenly, I tried this, I mixed some oil with the cheese, so when it melts, the oil melts too, it worked nice.
After 15 minutes, I took the trays out of the oven, evenly spread the spinach on the pizzas, and the cheese and oil mix on top.
Let them cook another 15 minutes, until the cheese was golden brown.
Enjoyed.
Ingredients:
Pizza or bread dough.
Fresh or frozen spinach.
Mozzarella cheese.
Asiago or any mild cheese.
Tomato puree, or sauce.
Garlic.
Extra virgin olive oil.
Salt.


4 comments:

  1. I have never put spinach on my pizza, but I have got to try it! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds awesome! I do love spinach on pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too luv spinach pizza and it looks absolutely delectable dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we seem to be continuing to channel the same thoughts. I was thinking this morning that I'll call my husband to see if he can pick up some of that spinach pizza (white pizza) that I love on his way home. Your homemade pizza looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin