Monday, February 8, 2010

A great new way to cook your pasta.

Photo courtesy: Ilpastaio.it

Today I read an article on line, who said there is a new way to cook pasta.
Chef Elio Sironi, fom Bulgari Hotel, Milan, reveals that the best way to cook pasta is passive cooking.
Pasta has to boil only for two minutes, from when the water start to boil, after you toss the pasta in.
Then you turn off the cooker, put on the pan's lid, and let stay until the end of the cooking time.
For example, the cooking time is 11 minutes.
When the salted water boils, you toss the pasta, stir it, wait until the water boils again.
Count two minutes.
Turn off the cooker.
Put the lid on.
Let sit for the remaining 9 minutes.
Drain the pasta.
Season and serve.
Today for lunch I had to try this system.
I made spaghetti, whose cooking time was 7 minutes.
They came out so nice, al dente, and very tasty.
Great!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I am going to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will def have to try this, me being half Italian and all -- just moseyed on over to see if you were also off "blog hiatus" and I see that you are!!!!! Great minds think alike :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try this. I usually have the kids do a taste test. They think it is more special that way. My husband does not like al dente, but I do. We compromise in the middle.

    Glad to see a new post.

    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin