Thursday, January 28, 2010

I found the key.


Photo:mommytracked.com

One thing I cannot bear is my two kids fighting.
I usually try to help them resolve the problem, counting on the responsibility of the 12 y-o daughter.
This never worked.
Sometimes I tried to let them alone, hoping they will solve it.
Didn't work too.
This evening they were fighting as usual, and I was annoyed.... as usual.
I asked myself how could I help them to meet...
may be if I put myself against them both....?
So I scolded them, and threatened to punish them (didn't really thought what kind of punishment, fortunately they didn't ask) if they fight again, and I acted if I was a bit angrier of what I really was.
Do you know what they did?
After a silent while, they started to play and had fun together, serenely,without the slightest discussion, all the evening.
Woo hoo!
I hope your kids never fight, but now you know, just in case ;)

3 comments:

  1. I am pretty lucky that the two of them get along 98% of the time.

    It does get on my last nerve when they start bickering. It is usually when I am trying to make lunches in the morning, and we have to hurry.

    The countdown 5,4,3,2,2,2,1 still works. Yes, I know I repeated 2 three times. It all depends on what kind of mood I am in how fast I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, if they respond to countdown, they're quite angels.
    You're lucky.

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin