Sunday, November 29, 2009

How I cleaned my steam iron.


This morning I was ironing when a brown synthetic fabric sticked to the plate and left a big amount of residues on it.
I did not have the proper cleaner, so what to do?
The iron cleaner I usually buy, is a white stick of some waxy material that when you pass it on the hot plate, it melts, then you pass the iron on a cloth, so the product and the dirt transfer on it.
Hmmm.....what if I use a candle instead?
I had a white candle, I passed it on the hot plate, it melted, I quickly passed the iron on an old cloth, result? the iron plate was perfectly cleaned!
And there was nor wax, nor dirt on it.
I know, it was somehow an hazard, however I had to iron, and moreover...now I have something new to post ;-)

Presented at Homemaker Monday

13 comments:

  1. Brava! And thanks for sharing this awesome tip!

    Welcome to the SITS community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it worked!! I was hoping you weren't going to say it ruined your iron!

    Stopping by from SITS to say "hi" and welcome. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, yes, it's nice to find some sweet comment, when you post, thanks to SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know they made iron cleaner! Now I'm off to find a white candle so I can clean my iron!

    I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's an iron?

    (kidding - thanks for the tip!! Stopping in from SiTS...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee - you're welcome :-) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great tip!

    Stopping by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when you can fix something without going to the store. I will keep this in mind!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting. I will pass it along to my hubby since he is the one who irons.

    Stopped by from SITS to say hi and welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so brilliant! Brilliant AND funny!

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin