Monday, October 26, 2009

My favorite Italian dessert, Panforte.


Today I was in my grocery store, and what I saw....my favorite dessert (apart from Tiramisu) and it was on an offer, wow, I grabbed it without thinking twice.
When I was young I didn't like it so much, but now, oh I love it, may be due to the fact that I eat it only once in a year, in Italy is a traditional Christmas sweet.
For people who never tasted it, I explain....it's made mostly of candied fruit, ( orange peel, cedar, melon ), almonds, and spices.
Is a flat, round, small cake, with powdered sugar on top, and wafer below, the consistency is almost like soft nougat, and when you eat it, is tender and crunchy at the same time (due to almonds).
The taste is...the word that comes to my mind is round, complex, totally delicious, and of course sweet.
So, if you like candied fruit and spices, it's worth to try.
But remember to remove the paper ring around.
Here you can find more informations about Panforte.
Enjoy!
And don't say I'm a glutton, I'm not ;-)
Let's say I'm a gourmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin