Sunday, September 27, 2009

How I removed a chewing gum stain from a pair of jeans

Presented at Homemaker Mondays


I don't know how it happened that my 3-year-old boy stained his brand new pair of jeans with chewing gum, I was not really happy about it (this is a metaphor) but I heard that chewing gum is easily removed after putting the cloth in the freezer.
I let the jeans in it all night long, but in the morning trying to scrape the gum with a knife, nothing happened.
So what to do...recently I bought a product to remove hardened silicon and adhesive labels...now, I decided to give it a try, in each case the jeans were not wearable, at least to go out.
I took a piece of cloth, put some product on it, and rubbed on the stain, it came off so eeeasily.
Obviously I had to wash the jeans very well to remove the product, however now I was really happy :D
Housekeeping joys!
P.s.: I don't know if this product is suitable on any kind of fabric, in case you want to use it on something else than jeans, try before on a hidden spot.

1 comment:

  1. what an idea, I have froze jeans before, used peanut butter and tried it all but what product exactly did you use?

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin