Monday, August 3, 2009

Low carb eggplant-pizza


I will not cheat you saying it is identical to the real pizza, but if you want a low-carb alternative to it, you can try.
Take one medium eggplant, peel it, slice it lengthwise 0.2 inch, spread the slices on a oily oven pan, sprinkle with little salt, pour tomato puree or tomato pulp on the slices, let cook ten minutes in the oven at 428°F (220°C).
Take it out, garnish with Mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano, little evo, just anything you like on a pizza....and cook till done, when cheese becomes golden brown.
Enjoy.
(You can also call it, one-layer-parmigiana ;-)

10 comments:

  1. Hi Alessandra! Thanks for your comment on my blog! Yes, I agree, my hormones are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy and super easy!! Just what I like! Thanks for linking up..

    Have a great day!

    Keely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Keely, have a great day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of eggplant parmegian (I am SURE that is spelled wrongo!) and it looks YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...who doesn't love pizza?!! It sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Simply Sanborn, I said it's like a parmigiana, only one layer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog through Mama M's MckLinky!

    I'm a huge fan of eggplant... but there aren't a lot of recipes for it! Combining it with pizza??? SCORE!

    ~Elizabeth
    http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth, if you want more eggplant recipes, go to my Mom's blog: http://lamiacucinainindia.blogspot.com/search/label/eggplant
    They are "superyummy" but "notsohealthy" if you know what I mean. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin