Saturday, August 29, 2009

A hanging padded headboard in less than 5 minutes.

Featured at:


It was some times that I was thinking to buy a padded headboard for my metal bed, you imagine how it's uncomfortable to lean on it.
Unfortunately they aren't cheap so I decided to make one with some stuff available in my house.
I had an old, small, squared, crochet blanket that matched with my bed; two old pillows that matched with the blanket and some curling ribbon, luckily in the same shade of color.
The procedure was soooo fast and easy:
I folded the blanket in two, like a big pocket with the open side upwards. ( I don't have to say to leave the right side out, right!?!)
Passing the ribbon through the holes in the crochet pattern, I hanged this big pocket at the horizontal bar of the bed headboard.
I made few different knots along the bar to sustain the pillows.
At this point I inserted the pillows through the open sides of the blanket/pocket et voilĂ  it was faster done than said.
This is only an idea, if you sew better than me ( believe me, everybody can ) you could do a better job, using any fabric, blanket, plaid, bedsheets, that you like and matches with your bed, sewing suitable fabric ribbons, sewing the sides and leaving only the upper part open ( to remove the pillows in order to wash the headboard )...you know what I mean.


But if the headboard is large enough and you leave the sides opened, like I did, you can use it to hide your pillows while not sleeping, some people love their bed totally flat and tidy.

6 comments:

  1. That is very pretty! Thanks for the tip! I also wanted to stop by and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made my day too, thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..it's great idea, thanks for sharing. :-)

    lulumartin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alessandra, I just wanted you to know that I just posted answers to your questions on my forum. Thank you! That was fun! Here it is...

    http://theblogfrog.com/psearch/ViewThread.aspx?replied=yes&blogID=117556&threadID=1968

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin