Thursday, July 9, 2009

How to make fresh tomato puree without food processor


I didn't know this fast and easy way to obtain fresh tomato puree, until I saw women doing it in Morocco.
And since I think is a very smart idea, I want to share it with you....so, first, choose very ripe tomatoes, remove the stem, cut tomatoes in half across the width, remove the seeds and juice ( if you don't want to throw them away, you can season this "sauce" with a little evo, salt, oregano, and use it to dip some bread, enjoy! )...end of the digression, well, now put half tomato on a coarse grater, cut side down, and gently begin to grate it, at the end be careful not to grate your fingers and of course not to grate the tomato skin (discard it).
Complete all your half tomatoes and that's all, now you can fix some delicious tomato sauce or any other recipe you want.
Personally, this evening, I used this fabulous fresh raw tomato puree, to season some zucchini spaghetti, ( explanation of zucchini spaghetti is here ) as my dear friend Vivi suggested to me, and it came out wonderful, a perfect recipe for summer.
I made it very simple, only some zucchini spaghetti, abundant raw tomato puree, pinch of salt, little evo...it was so yummy, and so cool. ( Vivi's recipe needed basil and garlic too, but I had
not ).
Bye, see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin