Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A "cow" hanger for kids' room


We had this ugly, old, wooden hanger, and wanted to throw it....instead a wonderful idea came to me, my daughter needed one, what about redecorate it?
I find cow decor is nice and cool for kids, so I bought white spray paint and black adhesive film, we've given two coats of paint, cut the black film in big shapeless spots ( with her help ), when the paint dried, we applied spots randomly on the hanger, and that's all, easy!
I imagine one can decorate almost any item in this way, and also in "zebra", "giraffe", "tiger" style....:D
One more tip for the hanger: if clothes tend to fall, you can apply thin adhesive velcro strips, on the knobs.

4 comments:

  1. I found your site via Thursday 13 link. I'm glad I did. Even though I don't have much time for crafts these days, it's fascinating to see what other people do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks pbdiva, I agree with you there's a lot of interesting people and things in the blog's world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I used to love repurposing and redecorating old household items. I really don't know what happened. I guess having 4 children kind of pushed all of that to the backburner. Looks like you've rekindled that for me. Think I'll go out and look for a craft project. Thanks so much for the great idea and thank you for stopping by my blog. You're welcome to come by anytime!

    -Kristi
    Hello...Is This On?
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kristi, you are welcome too

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post, share it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin